Friday, August 26, 2011

Some family news

For many reasons, this is probably not an appropriate forum for me to discuss my family. But it is hard for me not to take some pride in an announcement today from the Department of Justice--one that actually relates to the litigation concerning the ACA's constitutionality.

Specifically, my wife's brother, Sri Srinivasan, has just been named the Political Deputy Solicitor General. He has served in the Office of the Solicitor General before, as an assistant SG for four years in the 2000s. He comes most recently from the Washington, D.C., office of O'Melveny & Meyers, where he has worked in the firm's appellate practice. Sri has argued seventeen cases at the Court. (SCOTUSblog has a brief story here, and the Blog of the Legal Times here.)

Hence, within a few weeks, Sri will be among the top DOJ lawyers plotting the government's strategy for defending the constitutionality of the ACA--a point I should disclose regardless.