Today is the due date for briefs as amicus curiae in support of the appellee United States in Liberty University v. Geithner at the Fourth Circuit. As of 4:00 EST, six such briefs have been filed by the following parties:
* Constitutional law professors Jack Balkin, Gillian Metzger, and Trevor Morrison, available here.
* Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, and a variety of Members of Congress (co-authored by former acting Solicitor General Walter Dellinger), available here.
* The American Hospital Association et al., available here.
* The American Nurses Association et al., available here.
* The American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of Virginia, available here (addressing only the RFRA claim).
* The American Association of People with Disabilities et al., available here.