Today is the deadline (under F.R.A.P. 29) for the filing of amicus curiae briefs in support of the United States at the Sixth Circuit in Thomas More Law Center v. Obama. As of 3:30 EST, the following parties' briefs had been filed and docketed on PACER (several more are sure to follow):
* The American Hospital Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, Catholic Health Association of the United States, Federation of American Hospitals, National Association of Children’s Hospitals, and National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, available here.
* The American Association of People with Disabilities, the Arc of the United States, Breast Cancer Action, Families USA, Friends of Cancer Research, March of Dimes Foundation, Mental Health America, National Breast Cancer Coalition, National Organization for Rare Disorders, National Partnership for Women and Families, National Senior Citizens Law Center, National Women's Law Center, National Women's Health Network, and the Ovarian cancer National Alliance, available here.
* Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, and Congressional Leaders and Leaders of Committees of Relevant Jurisdiction, available here.
* A group of 38 economic scholars, available here.
* The American Cancer Society, American Cancer Society Action Network, American Diabetes Association, and American Heart Association, available here.
Again, several more briefs will likely be filed in the next few hours. We will try to post them as soon as they are up on PACER.